Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Thirteenth Fishing Trip - 24 Oct - Changi Waters

HELLO I'M BACK!

This time, instead of Ah Chong's boat, I went onboard Ah Fong's boat. Why their names all got "Ah" I really don't know, but I can tell you that all boatmen names start with "Ah". Food for thought? LoL

This was a very last minute trip for me. In fact, I'm going offshore on the 21st of November and I didn't plan on making any trips till then. For some strange reason, I decided to call this Kaki from the forums as he posted "one available slot for sat", I called him on Wednesday I think? I was very half hearted as I lack the dough to go. But what made me wanna go, was because of the guy I called. His forum name is Apollo, real name is PohLoh... Don't laugh, not funny k. Over the phone I could tell this was one damn nice guy and was very willing to teach me, the newbie, anything and everything.

Ok build up paragraph finished, gonna start on the trip itself now.

Dear Mr Apollo told me on Thursday to meet up at 0720 for breakfast before departure. My SMS response was, "WTF? So early??? Cannot la brother I can't reach there in time!". But I wanted to try and make it so I got up at FIVE THIRTY AYE EMM!!! While waiting for the train at about 0600 I muttered to myself, "God dammit, it's way too early to be waiting for a friggin train. Well, at least this early on a Saturday morning, I'd have seats, maybe even space to lie down".

Ding Dong, train arrived.

OMG THE WHOLE DAMN TRAIN WAS FULL!!!
WHAT IN THE M**HER F**KI*G #@$%@#$@%

The train was packed with these people all wearing the same shirt. So I asked one, "Oi, what's up?" He said, "Oh there's a big race today, aren't you going?"

I wanted to SLAP a big fat DUH in his face

Which part of me looks physically ready to take part in a 10km race?!?!? DUMBSHIT!!!! Plus I was carrying a fishing rod? Dude, you're retarded, hope you drop dead in the race. Yadda yadda.... They all dropped off 6 stops later and I could finally rest... Ahhhh...

Fast forward to our meeting place, Changi Village. I arrived at... lol... 7am... Hahaha... Apollo came 15mins later and we had breakfast. After a quick intro to the rest of the crew, all 8 of us boarded and our day took off.

Ah shit, forgot to feed you guys with some pics instead of rant. Heh... Here's our bait for today. Seriously, I really think it sucks to be a prawn, there's so many ways for them to be abused, eating, cooking, BBQing, prawning, but the worst by far, is being bait.

Photobucket

Certain areas today had super calm waters. Look at this picture, the water almost looks like a silky blanket.
Photobucket


Waiting.... Waiting.... Sun burning.... Very hot....

and then suddenly....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMZ!!!!!


FISH ON! FIRST FISH ON TODAY. GUESS WHO? ME!

Photobucket

Wah this fish, I didn't know what it was, but it kept pulling my line straight downwards time and time again. Didn't move left nor right, just down and down. So I had to keep pulling and reeling slowly. I didn't wanna make any stupid mistake and lose my catch. I'd very much like to keep my consistency of 1 strike 1 catch. Hahaha.

Soon after a 2-4min fight, up came the little bugger. Well this time not so little! A Grouper! Same type as the one from my last post, but this time, BIGGER! Happy ne...

Photobucket

Everyone around still had nothing, zero-fighter. I was still feeling very excited and happy as Groupers are excellent eating fish, one of my favourites.

So I slowly hooked on a new prawn and slowly let my line drop back down.


During this period, my mind would always be visualizing the line sinking down to the bottom of the seabed, then I'd visualize this little fishy swimming past. Then I'd see the fish spotting my bait and chasing it from 2-3 meters away. Chasing slowly and cautiously... Eyeing the suspicious looking prawn with a red hook sticking out it's ass... Slowly... AND WHAM!!!!



HUH??? I STILL DREAMING OR REALLY FISH ON?!?!?!



Fish On Again!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Wow this bugger is heavy! It kept dashing left and right and up and down. It was pulling so hard that my it kept dragging more line down, I was considering tightening my drag and just pump this damn thing up. But no! "Don't do anything stupid, don't be impatient", flashed past my mind again. So I let the fish pull me whenever he darted, and when he slowed down I pulled him up more and more and more until....

BOOM BOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOMZZZZZ!!!
BOOMZZZZ!!!

My very first Grunter aka Gu Huud.
Photobucket

As I was trying to calm myself down from the excitement and when I was trying to take the hook out, I was wondering, why call it Grunter?

Just then, "GRAAAAAA GRAAAAA....", said the fish...

The day was slow after that. Fellow Kakis started pulling up more Groupers. But two were kinda small, like the one in my last post. After about 4 more hours of baking in the sun, someone shouted, "DOOOOLLLLPHEEEEEEEN!!!!"

Wah! Dolphin! WHERE?!?!? どこ!!!!!!

I read before there are pink dolphins around Singapore, which is in itself, kinda hard to believe. And every time I'm on a ferry with my friends or gf, I'd always say, "Dolphin! Dolphin!"

TODAY REALLY GOT DOLPHIN!

I stood there mesmerized as about 5-8 of them came up and down. After awhile I realised... CAMERA WHERE?!?!?!?!

But after that appearance, they only appeared randomly around our boat, quite far away. So it was really hard to get a picture of them. I just kept taking shots hoping that out of 10 pics, I might actually get some proof that I saw Dolphins, if not no one is going to believe me.

Here's your proof. Near the middle right hand corner you can see a little bit of it's fin.
Photobucket

For the next 10mins or so, I was more interested in catching a good picture of the Dolphins that I couldn't be bothered with fishing. Haha. But the boatman wanted to move off already. Cos when Dolphins are around, all the fishes run and hide. And they said the Dolphins didn't appear to be leaving, they kept playing and swimming all over.

Dude! Like that's a bad thing??

Anyway, at the last stop, I had another fish on. Why no CAPS LOCK? Why no story build up? Cos, it was a damn Catfish. Don't like, pest, nuisance. Before landing the fish when I still didn't know what it was, I kept asking the guy beside me to help me take a pic of me with a bent rod cos I still don't have that shot. But when the fish came up a Catfish, everyone laughed at me, say Catfish still wanna take photo. :( So bad.

Lastly, I just wanna thank all the great Kakis I met today. It was really fun hanging out and meeting you guys. Cheers.

Here are our total catches for the day!

The Happy Camper strikes again. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Fall in!
Photobucket
Photobucket

That's all for now folks! I'll leave you with some nice scenic pictures I managed to capture. I always try to get some on each trip. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Till next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket