Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, October 5, 2009

My Twelfth Fishing Trip - 5th Oct - Changi Waters

Mmmmm what a day of mixed emotions! Will explain more later...

I was very very excited for this trip as it's only my second offshore adventure, and this time, I actually had a personal maid as well!

See...
Photobucket

Nowadays hor, maids very hiao, like to wear hairband and play PSP given from their Bangala boyfriends, tsk tsk tsk.
Photobucket

Today's venue: Changi Waters with Ah Chong.

We gathered at 730am at Changi Jetty. Quite a few hiccups with the organisation, in the end two people pulled out as well. 730am.... Changi... We had to wake up at like... 430am, and I'm not even usually asleep by 430am lol.
Photobucket

Here's the gang for the day. Everyone was all smiles and happy. For now...
Photobucket

Eddie, who was the organiser that took over from the previous one who couldn't come, said he could lend me a set up, but I felt bad having to trouble others for my own fishing, I also wanted to have a boat set myself so I went to purchase a super budgeted one. I bought a PE 2-4 Pioneer boat rod for $30 and a Daiwa reel for $20. OK! All set.

As usual, quick as lightning got everything set up before we reached the first spot. When we finally stopped, I did something before I threw my line down. I stared long and hard at my new and first boat rod and murmured, "Eh, first boat rod ok, bring me luck ah..". Sploosh went the sinker...

Just about 10mins into dropping our lines, Anthony who was next to me had a fish on! Maybe it's just him, I don't know, but he didn't seem too interested or excited and his expression seemed to suggest this fish wasn't even much of a fight. But I suspect that as the fish got nearer the surface, he started to feel excited cos the fish was still pulling.... BAM! As the fish surfaced, I peeked and saw a nice nice Chermin! So I helped him pull it up and that was that!

Photobucket


For the next two spots, things were slow, bites were far between. The only apparent event was noticing how dark and gloomy the sky was. Kinda feels like I'm in England. Prior to leaving my house, I checked and the weather report said rain and thunder the whole day. Well, it wasn't raining now, I just crossed my fingers.

So bored... Then my maid started taking pictures of me, I think her Bangala boyfriend gave her the camera. So I said, "Fudge you! Stop taking pictures of me hoe!"
Photobucket


Sar sar sar sar sar sarrrrrrrrrdenly..................... "Poke.. Poke..." went my line. And then followed by a tug 3 secs later! Not a huge tug, but a tug nonetheless!!!! So I kept repeating in my head, "Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid".

I fought it for like 1 minute or less and then suddenly... the line went light... "FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", I screamed. Heart sank to the bottom of the cold ocean floor. QQ... What the heck reel up anyway. And just as my leader started to surface... I saw a fish! "FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAO HE AH GAO HE AH!!!!!!!!!", I exclaimed again. Unlike more experienced anglers, I cannot tell what fish is what just from it's behaviour alone. Ahhh, experienced gained, Groupers give you a tug, struggle abit, then morph into plastic bags. Sorry I have to make all my catches so dramatic, but it was my firstest firstest firstest Grouper ever!!! Ya sure, got people give "Chey" looks, but whatever! My first Grouper!

Orange Spotted Grouper!
Photobucket

Huzzah, WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!

So then I put Mr. My-First-Grouper-Ever into his new arctic home, and proceeded to pick another lucky prawn. Moved back to my spot which was beside my maid and slowly let my line drop back down. Maid started asking me some dumb questions just as my sinker hit the bottom, and just about 2 secs later........... WOAHHHHHHHHH huge pull!

What the fudge? What is this thing!!! Pull so hard and left right up down, left right up down. What the fudge man!!! So I did the same heartfelt memory chant again, "Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid, Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid". Ya this time I said it more times cos I was getting really nervous! Firstly cos the pull was huge, secondly cos I couldn't believe I was so lucky getting another bite so soon!

Relax, take your time, don't do anything stupid", went on for another few minutes and I could feel the fish nearing the surface. And just then... JUST RIGHT THEN... The tension died, the line died, no more weight... Fish off :( "OH MY GOD LA!!!" I believe were my exact words. What the heck, reel up change bait anyway, so I reeled.

And then....

As my leader started to surface, I saw something... "FISH STILL ON LA NI NA BEI!!!!" Then it started darting left and right and left and right again! What the heck is this little bugger?!?! Finally, I managed to reel him up to the surface... COBIA! Wow! One of my target fishes! I was so excited that I forgot to flick it onto the boat, I just left it down there and Ah Chong was like, "BRING IT UP WTF?". Oh my god sorry too kan jiong already.

Then when Ah Chong saw it was a Cobia, he gave me a confused look and said, "This fish very rare to get in these waters, must go out further". Maybe that's why I only got a small small one. But still!!!! COBIA OK?!?! Good fight man this little bugger, at least for me it was! First time ok!


CAN YOU SEE ME BEEMING WITH JOY?
Photobucket

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!

Over an hour passed and my excitement wore off. Hungry and thirsty I went to eat.

Chik Chik.... KABOOOOOM!!!

Oh.... my... gawd... is that thunder?

Ploop... Ploop... Ploop... said the raindrops.

:(

It started to rain and continued to do so for a long long time. To us at least, it seemed forever cos that was the high tide period, best time to get bites...

And then we all started to feel like this...
Photobucket

Soon, Ah Chong maneuvered his boat back towards Pulau Ubin area where the waves were less choppy. And despite the rain, we threw our lines back in.

Choppy waters and no current = No fish.
Rain = No fish.

:(

The only other thing that happened here after the rain finally decided to pity us, was... Ah Sengs... Catfish... Sigh... Suddenly, someone got a huge pull and he was fighting it like crazy. And I said, "I bet that's a 3kg Ah Seng". HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA true enough, I was right. He didn't see the funny side of that though... wonder why... Hahahaha.

In the end, the Catfish was given to my maid. Her Bangala boyfriend should know how to cook it I guess, since Bangalas always like to fish for and eat freshwater Catfishes caught from our canals.

Welp, it was soon 5pm and the day came to an end. Our prawns were all used up by then anyway. Here are some shots I took for fun. No one bothered taking a picture of all the fish together, since there were only like... 5? Everyone emo. Maid also emo, but less emo after she got the Catfish.

The Happy Camper
Photobucket
Photobucket

Keesh Keesh?
Photobucket

Golden Snapper
Photobucket

Mr. My-First-Ever-Orange-Spotted-Grouper
Photobucket

Mr. My-First-Ever-Cobia
Photobucket

I kinda feel bad my maid didn't get to catch anything. But I promise I will take you out again and you will get a fish next time!

Overall I had fun. Happy I got two of my targeted-one-day-must-catch fishes, unhappy that the rain spoiled everyone's fun and chances to get more fishes. Don't worry! There's always a next time!


Signing off with my victory song...




I... am the champion... my friends...
I... caught two fishes... yes I can...
I got two nice fish...
Sorry you no fish...
We'll try again when...
The weather is better...
Don't be sad... Don't be sad...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn solid CR and love the style manz.. Good job and keep it up

Post a Comment

Photobucket