Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Eighth Fishing Trip - 01 September - Pulau Ubin

On the way to Ubin, I suddenly remembered that there were many fishing shops at Changi Village. Just the night before we were fretting over where to buy bait. So we hurried down to the shops and bought 300grams of live prawns, a pump and a styrofoam box. Wow my first time trying live prawns. I always wanted to but no chance due to transport.

After buying everything and arriving at Pulau Ubin, it started to rainnnnnnnnnn..... Boooooo... The boatman on the way there said even if it rains it will only be for a while because the clouds look like they are blowing straight into mainland. So we hurried to a coffee shop for lunch.

Rain rain rain...

But just nice as we were done, the rain started to subside into mere drizzle. So Melvin and I decided to go recce a fishing spot before asking his gf and her cousins to move with us. The volunteer guy said to walk 200meters in the west direction along the coast... OMG it was more than 1km can! Asshole...

Finally, happy with the spot we found, Melvin and I started heading back. Then Melvin said, "Wah the boatman very clever know the rain will stop". What happened? 5 minutes after that sway zheng Melvin open his sway zheng mouth............... RAIN........................................... HEAVY RAIN.........

But before it started pouring, as we were walking back, I suddenly saw something enormous fly past my face. "SIMI L** J***!" I said. Oh.. my.. god.. IT WAS A HORNBILL!!! I have never ever seen a Hornbill in the wild before. And the best part? There were two! Male and female! I quickly asked Melvin to STFU and proceeded quietly trying to snap some shots of them. Wah my lousy camera on maximum zoom plus me being nervous really cannot make it. I tried, so here are some of the better shots.

Absolutely beautiful birds!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So after being stuck in the volunteers shelter for 30mins *skips boring stuff* we made our way down. Oh wait, something happened at the shelter.

We walked down to the beach when the rain stopped, then I smelt something awful. So I turned to Melvin and said, "Fuck you la! Pang pui so smelly!" Then Melvin say he never and looked around. Then he shouted LOOK! The smell was coming from a 1/2 eaten approximately 1kg Chermin. OMG PULAU UBIN GOT FISH! EXCITED SIA!

Blah blah blah, we reached the spot and quickly casted out our 9ft rods. My 7ft rod was lent to his gf's KIND cousin. In the meantime, we whipped out our 5ft rods, attached a tamban line and some prawn bait and started casting.

Wah Pulau Ubin fish very hungry sia, no one feed them haha. We pulled up Ah Seng after Ah Seng. Forums say Ubin is Ah Seng heaven, and everyone makes noise when they get Ah Seng after Ah Seng. WHAT THE HELL IS AN AH SENG!?!?!?! I knew this was it because of the sheer number we pulled up... came home and checked, AND I WAS RIGHT!

This is Ah Seng...
Photobucket

Then I pulled up a Butterfly Whiptail, what a fancy name. This fish can change colour from what you see in this pic to brown. Cool stuff.
Photobucket

Then we got this ugly nonsense called a Tropical Sand Goby...
Photobucket

Soon after, I got this Long-Tailed Tripod Fish... This fella lived with our live prawns the whole day happy and alive till we released it before going home...
Photobucket

Melvin's gf managed to foul hook some Flower Crabs too O.O" I very clever, I put the crabs into the prawn box, end up the damn crab ate a few of our prawns hahaha!

We caught many other small fishes that were unaccounted for and became bait. We had one Milkfish and Two Striped Cardinal fish too.

Then, the tide started coming in, I blur blur never notice until my pants all wet. Basket. Melvin re-casted his 9ft rod and went to the toilet. When he came back, he started reeling it in. Siao liao! Tio Sangkot! Got stuck in the rocks, but he pumped the rod real hard and it came free! As he was reeling in, he thought it was heavy cos of the bazillion seaweed floating around. To our surprise....... this came up!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Stingrays were always part of our goals but we have never caught any! This fella was so small! We played with him for awhile before letting him go. I guess it's really young too, he didn't even have his venomous spines yet. I guess this was our highlight for the day...

Later on we proceeded back to Changi Coastal Walk to fish since we still had some prawns left. Nothing much happened here except 7 out of 10 casts = sangkot. This Melvin even hit a tree branch with the sinker causing the whole huge branch to fall off. We caught some small weirdo fishes and crabs. I didn't take any more photos, but there was this one ugly ass fish that could croak like a frog, scary stuff. Found out it was a Toadfish lol.

Till next time! RAWR!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket