Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Ninth Fishing Trip - 15 Sep - Changi Broad Walk

Urgh... This place... Urgh...

Together with Melvin, his gf and my best friend Ethan, we tried to find this damn place a few times. Past two weeks we haven been going to Pulau Ubin, and have always been interested to try out Changi Broad Walk (CBW). Asked and asked for directions quite a few times. One time, we walked all the way to the sailing club area when we saw a dead end. And because we walked so damn far already, I thought we went the wrong way, so go back. But this was in the evening already after one long day on Ubin, so you can imagine how tired and pissed we all were. Only later did I realise that CBW was just beyond the damn sailing club. So we made it a resolution that we MUST get to this freaking place next week. So we did, and here's the story.

Met up at Changi Village to stock up on some live prawns and other accessories. Recently, I've been having this fetish of using tamban lines, hook up some small pieces of prawns, and playing with small fishes. After some trial and error, my favourite choice is Angler's Pal brand, size 10 feathered line. Then we proceeded and took a bus there, 3 or 4 stops.

Usually I wouldn't take a picture of the place but I HAD to take this one for being so god damn hard to find for us.

Photobucket

Once we arrived, same drill. At the speed of light, we fixed up our long rods and casted. Then proceeded to fix up our small rods to play with small fishes :D

Within the next 30mins, I pulled up like 30586795873498573498 of these.
Photobucket

I thought they were "tua baks" which is why I kept them as bait. Turns out, they were actually Glass Fishes which are absolutely and utterly USELESS. Well at least I learnt something. So I threw em all away.

Now THIS is the actual "tua bak" which we only caught one of, around 6pm.

Photobucket

Today Ethan bought a 7ft rod. I'm so jealous :( The rod is a Daiwa rod and I also helped him choose a matching Daiwa reel. Both gold in colour, very very nice looking. Also, the price was good! Only $25 for the rod and $30 for the reel and god damn that reel feel soooo good compared to mine. Dammit, I also want!!!!!!

Being Ethan's second fishing trip, he everything also gong gong and blur. Besides, he's sooo stupid I don't expect him to pick up the tying and fixing up your rod thingy that quick anyway. Yup, if you're reading this, YOU ARE DUMB.

BITE ME.

Anyway, lucky he got help from a friendly guy there :P

Here's a picture so everyone doesn't have to see so much text before I continue talking about him.
Photobucket

What I don't understand is, we were both using the same line, same rod, same reel, same everything, only difference is I MORE HANDSOME. Anyway, I kept catching the stupid Glass Fish but he got all kinds of stuff EXCEPT Glass Fishes. He pulled up a rusty fishing stand, and a rock. And you know what's amazing about the rock? The rock was solid, no holes except for one smaaaaaallll hole by the side, and his hook managed to go in... Champion...

Suddenly he started screeching like a little girl, and I turned and saw his whole rod bend. I rushed over and saw him reeling in an enormous Box Fish. But no picture. Why? This idiot so scared his rod break don't dare to reel in and let it hang there. The fish dropped back down before I could pull it up. It would have been a really nice picture. Stupid dumbass.

Not much else happened but we managed to pull up small fish after small fish. Melvin pulled up a Rabbit Fish which I had for dinner later :P Here are the pictures! Almost all of the fishes were released by the way. Only those unfortunate ones that didn't make it, we pulled back out of the water.


Diamond Wrasse

Photobucket


Indian Snapper
Photobucket


(???)
Photobucket


Rabbit Fish
Photobucket


Seagrass Tuskfish
Photobucket


Cardinal Fish
Photobucket

Photobucket
THIS LAST FISH, I DON'T AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. PLEASE DON'T EAT THIS FISH. PLEASE DON'T. IT TASTES LIKE............................................

S H I T

LITERALLY.

DON'T EAT IT.

Only reason I brought it back is cos it was dead, I thought maybe I'd try. Dammit.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Before we left, something pulled my line a little bit, then... SANGKOT! Dammit I thought it was stuck. But I gave it one huge tug and found this little bugger rounded up into a ball. Here are pictures of two friendly pests that joined us for the day.

Before I go, I need to add one last thing.

This thing happened to me three times that day. I swear to God I will never make this dumb mistake again. The first time, someone ran over to tell me he saw my rod bend once. So I ran over and checked. As I was reeling back, it was heavy and I thought it was seaweed. It wasn't moving but it was heavy. Suddenly, sangkot, stuck. After a few tugs, I cut my line. This happened two more times.

Now then I realised. I'm pretty damn sure it was a stingray. If it wasn't my rod wouldn't have bent. If it wasn't it wouldn't have been stuck in the rocks in the same fashion all three times. After fishing for awhile now, I can judge the weight of my sinker or seaweed. The only reason I misjudged it as seaweed was because it was a little heavy and I was too kanjiong. I should have noticed that seaweed tends to float a little once u pull the rod up. But this one sank right back down everytime I pulled it. Whatever it is, I'm very sure it was a ray. DAMMIT! Next time I will fight the damn thing with more brains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket