Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Fifth Fishing Trip - 9th August - St John's Island

Ready for a long ass post with many many pictures? Oooo something good is coming up! :D

Armed with nothing more than determination and some new information from forums, Melvin and I got our act together and headed down to St John's Island again. Yes, we were determined to conquer it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a Sunday.. The 9th of August.. National Day. So.. I need to sing my National Day song first. Written by Mrs Christina Wang from Henry Park Primary School 20 years ago. Hahahahahahahahaha. My gf hates this song, that's why I love to sing it to her.

READY?!

THE NINTH OF AUGUST IS A HOLIDAY
WE DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL WE ALL CAN PLAY
WE'LL BE DRESSED IN OUR BEST
ESPECIALLY FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY IT'S OUR NATIONAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha okokok don't waste time...


Melvin bought some Tambans so we quickly fixed up our 9ft rods with floats and let the strong current whisk them out. We then quickly set up our smaller rods to catch some small live baits.

Damn lame I tell you. Got many uncles sitting beside us trying to jig for Tambans or any small fishes to use as bait. All got nothing. But Melvin and I pulled up fish after fish lol. This fish is called Kunning. I think that's how you spell it, not sure. It's the fish you eat with Nasi Lemak is what I was told. Here we go...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Don't I look more and more like a fisherman? Bwahahahahaha....


We pulled up some coral fishes too. Dunno can use or not but just keep and try lor hor?



By the way, Melvin's brain for the past few days before this trip can only thing of Todak. He whole day tell me how much he wanna catch Todak. I wanted to catch Queenfish. But that day we didn't have the proper equipment for it. Lesson learnt, now at least I know what to prepare.

So we threw out some live kunning and proceeded back to catch more. Then suddenly, this guy on our left shouting and shouting, I thought what sia. With kaypo eyes, we looked on carefully to see what the commotion was about.

Ahhh... He caught a Todak. And chey... also not big... same size as the one I caught at Labrador Park...

So our attention turned back to Kunning.

Then I heard.... Zeeet Zeeet Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
MY LINE TURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rushed over and waited for a while.. So kan jiong! Then I fought it for awhile. This stupid Melvin didn't even turn to look at me, he thought nothing. I said, "GOT LA". So I asked him come over try reel see got feel or not. He reeled, he say don't have la, just your float against the current. Sure no feel la, cos I already fought the damn thing until he tired. What the heck, reel back anyway right?

WOAHHHHHHHH TODAK!!!! BIG BIG TODAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melvin so excited he ran down to pull the line for me when close. He so excited that before I even take picture with my catch, he ask me take for him first. Basket wanna steal my limelight.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My Todak!!!!! BIG BIG ONE!!! OK! Improvement again! Progress! Happy!!!

So we proceeded to take out the hook from the Todak and we were quite far away from where we caught it, about two bustops length. Suddenly, one uncle started shouting.
"AH DI AH!!! AH DI AH!!!!" Melvin's turn!!!! Wah he run so fast IPPT sure gold. His line Zeeeeeeet Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet non stop so loud. So much more intense than mine!!!!

Lol you should see how excited he was. He kept talking about that sound the whole freaking day.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Melvin's Todak bigger than mine a little bit. Wow nice catches. Three Todaks in five minutes!
Photobucket

We got nothing after that so I'm going to proceed to the next part of this long post :D

Here is a pic of my Todak before he was smashed to smittereens.
Photobucket

After we reached home, I quickly googled to find out how to cook this monster. I found a Otak recipe and my gf and I quickly got to it. Here are the pics!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


END RESULT

I put too many eggs that's why got the yellow thing on top. But it didn't really affect the taste la!
Photobucket
Photobucket


Yummy Yummy. It wasn't perfect and can be improved but it was our first try! Plus the fish was caught by me so the feeling even more song! Song Song!!!

Was a good day. Everyone was happy, except for my gf cos she sat in the tent at St John's Island the whole day hahaha. But nvm la, she eat the Otak she happy already lol.

So, all in all. Progress. Good!

1 comments:

Yu n Qi said...

woots your gf got nice long elegant fingers. pretty pretty XDXD


I LOVE OTAH AND I WAN TO MAKE OTAH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Photobucket