Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Third Fishing Trip - 3rd August - St John's Island

Another fruitless attempt........

S i g h

This trip I made with two friends of mine, Melvin and Shun Hao. It was Melvin's first fishing trip with his newly bought rod. Shun Hao just came along for fun aka carry all my stuff for me.. Bwahahahaha.....



Here's a pic of Mr Shun Hao aka Lenz Wong.
Photobucket


In the end, only I caught one rubbish grouper. But at least this time it was actually pretty big. Improvement I guess? I released it after he posed for my camera.
Photobucket


Oh ya, one important point about this trip I need to record down. Everywhere I read they say that Kusu Island sucks for fishing. As we left St John's Island our ferry went to Kusu Island and the boat guy said it would stay for an hour. So I thought, "What the heck la, just take out rod go outside throw lor".

As we alighted the jetty, I noticed a shorter jetty on the left. I asked the ranger if we could fish there and she said, "Can! Catch big fish cut me half".

As we proceeded there, the water below us was clear but it looked fishless. Sian, but nvm ma, just to kill 1 hour right? When we reached the end of the jetty, I quickly fixed my rod up and used two prawns as bait.

*Cast*

Omigod! I never secure the prawn properly. So one of it flew out and landed about 2 meters in front of me. And then............. Just as the prawn hit the water, I saw two fishes jump out of the water to gassah it!!! HEART PUMP!! So I faster reel back and proceeded to tie more prawns. After deshelling the first prawn, I just dumped the prawn head right in front of me into the water. And as I was securing the prawn on my hook..........

I saw many many many many fishies below the jetty appearing to wallop my prawn head!! Got red snapper, got parrot fish, got the leather fish, got nemo, got nemo's mother, got nemo's father......................................

Wah!!! Excitement I tell you. So we all faster try to throw hand reel and rod also near the edge of the jetty and we saw sooooo many fishes. But guess what? Our stupid size 1 hook too big for them so in the end we end up feeding fish :(

People say Kusu Island no fish, maybe no big fish I don't know but I sure as hell saw some. I must go back there one day.

In the end only left with one handsome photo of myself lol.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket