Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Fourth Fishing Trip - 6th August - Labrador Park

Okie dokie, time to test out this place, Labrador Park. Everywhere I read about Labrador Park went something along the lines of... "Place very nice, very clean, got toilet etc etc.......................... but no fish". Lol. No fish. Sian... But it's ok we just go try.

Armed with my new 9ft rod, Melvin and I made our way down. I have one 7ft rod that I use for tamban or other stuff, and one 9ft rod to cast out. Both same brand, both same design, exactly the same :D Maybe one day I'll take a picture of them and post it up. Cheap one la, $20+ only lol but I love them so I don't care!

Melvin casted his 9ft rod first, and he was tying it to the railing when he felt something. He pulled and reeled back... He said, "BIG ONE SIA!". When he reeled back, his whole line kenna bitten off hahaha noob. But we were wondering what could have bitten off his entire line and ate his hook lol.

So I casted my 9ft one out. 5mins later I got this little bugger.... Urgh....
Photobucket
Photobucket


And more and more of these little buggers, see Melvin's stupid face? Yea that's him. I'm not gonna post every picture of these damn buggers up so here are just a few.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's something cool though. I left my rod there for like 1hour and when I reeled it back, I saw this.


This fella must have been stuck there for a long time and another fish or crab came to feast on him :( poor thing. But the fella that ate him also very smart, only eat his stomach little bit, never touch his poisonous organs. Poor little fella. Oh well.
Photobucket


So here's the problem with Labrador Park... NO DAMN TAMBAN!!!!!!! Melvin, I and a few other uncles spent hours trying to jig for these little live baits. But nada, zero, nothing at all. And then.............................

Suddenly one uncle shouted, "LAI LIAO AH LAI LIAO AH!" He pulled up four tambans in one line. Ooooo excitement. Mr Tamban school finally decided to come by. Melvin pulled two up instantly. Then he pulled another three up! Here's where I got doolan. The kukubird Melvin got his line entangled with mine with three tambans dangling on his. One dropped back into the sea. And we spent freaking five to seven minutes frantically trying to unentangle our lines. And by the time we were done. Mr Tamban bastard school decided to whisk away, leaving me high and dry.

Together with the combined efforts we managed to get these tambans. But one uncle damn neow one, we share container he also like not happy, later on we wanna borrow one also he shout at us. Wanted to scold him but nvm I didn't wanna spoil my day, wanted to enjoy fishing :)
Photobucket


So... I was immensely pissed off at not being able to catch tambans when this stupid Melvin so shiok. I cut my line off and proceeded to tie a floating line. I wanted to try catching this fish called Todak. I saw a few swimming around.

As I casted my float with one of Melvin's tamban, all the uncles giving me different advice on how to catch Todak. So I just took bits and pieces here and there and did what I thought made sense.

Floating... Floating... BAM! I saw my float skimming across the water super fast. One end to the other end. I saw splashing and trashing and then the Todak leaped out of the water! I quickly unlocked my line to let the Todak pull as much as he wanted so it would tire him out. After I decided he was tired, I tightened my line slowly and jerked my rod to make sure he kenna hooked firmly! Then I reeled him back and it was all over... My first decent catch!

Tada!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



I know I know, this is not the biggest Todak out there. But it was the first big fish I caught and I could see my catches improving. All the determination and sun burn paid off. It was sweet............. The fight was so thrilling! Shiok man, addicted. Hah!


Then I went back to check on the already dead half eaten puffer I left in the sun and he looked like this lol.
Photobucket

Lastly, just as we were about to leave, I pulled this up. Geez, I was like, what the hell is this shit. It looked like an alien from the movie ALIENS, except it had what looked like his head kenna step by shoe lol. Like those shoe prints on wet concrete after drying up.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I found out it was a cleaner fish. The marks were to attach itself to bigger fish and eat their left overs. Also, it meant that a turtle or huge fish was nearby! Nah uh we didn't see anything.

The uncles all said Todak no good to eat one. Can eat, but got smell. So after reaching home, I told my maid to chop it up while I decided what to do with it. That night dinner, she cooked it already................... Didn't even ask me, basket. I don't know how to describe how she cooked it, but it wasn't anything fancy or with alot of spices. Just normal. But when I ate it, no smell lei. Where got smelly? Tasted so good and so sweet, just like victory.. Hahahahha.

OWNED YOU MR TODAK!!

Oh ya, I still emo and going to make it my mission to conquer the damn Tambans. Grrr stupid Tamban I hate chew.

All in all, an improvement. I felt encouraged to see progress :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket