Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Sixth Fishing Trip - 12th August - Labrador Park

Firstly, there are two reason I have been fishing so regularly.

1. I just graduated looking for a job. Very free. Better than stay at home play games whole day, might as well go fish.
2. Melvin's work only one off day a week he damn busy long working hours. He finally got 10 days off and it was ending, so we fished as much as we could before it was over.

OK JUSTIFIED.

Today we planned to go to St John's for half a day. Melvin starts work tomorrow. But due to some hiccups Melvin and his gf arrived late. Damn wasted he missed the ferry by two minutes. I was there early but I couldn't do anything :S So we decided to head down back to Labrador Park to try.

After setting up our gear and casting, Melvin got a Todak bite within minutes. But small one. Long story short, he noob, Todak escaped.

Labrador Park sibei jialat I tell you. Hours and hours wasted, no Tamban no nothing. Then suddenly this aunty pulled up quite a few fishes. She like very pro and experienced so I spoke to her. I think she was using size 5 -7 hooks. Four hooks, prawn bait. She just throw down below the jetty.

Sick of no Tamban, so I copy.

Not much to say here, I caught some and she caught some. These fishes all I never see before. But the aunty say very nice one can eat. So after I got home, I researched their names. Oh and when the aunty left, she gave me all her fishes cos she say too little for her to bring home anyway. Power one this aunty only want big fish or many many fishes, two or three she don't want one, not like me hahahahaha.

Sotong!
Photobucket


Cardinalfish!
Photobucket


Barracuda!
Website says.... This is the smaller cousin of the 2-3ft ones. However, this smaller one is nicer to eat :D
Photobucket


Spinefoot!
Photobucket


Leatherjacket! Eh this one damn ugly la. The skin is.. wah lau damn disgusting can. And even after one hour in my dry styrofoam box, these fellas still alive. Wah lau.. But I was in for a surprise.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I cannot differentiate between Scads.
Scads like Kunning or Yellowtail or whatever la just eat all lol.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




This was what was going to be on the dinner plate later!
Photobucket


Aunty told me the Leatherjacket just peel off the skin and fry. Barracuda chop up and fry. Spinefoot also just fry. Plus the Kunning also just fry la this one I already know duh lol.
During dinner, I had the biggest shock of my life.

Barracuda, tasted abit funny but still very very nice. Just too many fine bones, annoying.

Spinefoot, tasted sweet and had alot of meat, very nice. My grandmother whose appetite is not good, at one whole fish by herself. She loved it.

Leatherjacket, this ugly damn thing shocked me the most. The meat was sooooo tender, soft and sweet. Omg wow! It tasted something like Whiting and Blue Grenadier I used to always eat when I was studying in Australia! This ugly thing so nice to eat!!! Shocking!! I must go get more. Poor gf didn't get to try these, I must go fish more and grill for her to eat!! SHIOK!

I guess this can be considered progress too since I learned about these new fishes that ended up in my fat belly. I want MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Rayz said...

Nice post man!!!!

Post a Comment

Photobucket